Friday, September 15, 2006

Hotels during our stay-

Delhi- Vandra says it was the Connaught. Can't remember it has been so long. Will check with the other students. My room overlooked part of the city I could see a gold (it is real gold) covered mosque and a bunch of other temples. My room smelled of urine and there was a computer center that had three computers. They told us that two were down and could not get on the internet. They were way down I tried to trouble shoot them and the were not plugged in to the router. The one that did work was dial up. The food was ok, I got rancid butter one night and freaked I would get sick.

Jaipur- Same deal, will get name later. Vandra claims Mansign. Very pretty, nice view. No rancid butter. Walking distance to a Pizza Hut. (I hate pizza and Pizza Hut is the worst.) It was wonderful. Almost like home. Water was ten rupees. Mango Ice Cream.

Mumbai- Fairyas (I remember because it sounded like Fairy Ass). Lovely, I had my own room and it was on the third floor see I could see out to the street. We had a computer room/lounge to watch tv and hang out together. Around about six corners was Theobromine, a incredible pastry shop. Bread pudding to die for and lemon tarts so sour and yummy that I will return. Joyann tried to get the recipe for the bread pudding. I think I can make the tarts, it was lemon curd, mmmm.

Hyderabad- Amrutha Castle-- Ekkk, we ran away it was so bad, it smelled, was dark and the elevator tried to eat Rick.

Hyderabad- Novotel, incredible!! (I am using the manager's computer. He was kind enough to trust me alone in his office so that I could post this.) Rick called a friend who had worked in these city (Microsoft) and asked him to recommend a location to us and here we are. It is wonderful. Pool, gym, buffet ($18) loaded with things we like to eat (smoked salmon, capers and pickled onions). Close to the companies we needed to visit and CLEAN. Vandra and I are sharing a room and the power went out due to a screw in the wiring, so they moved us. Literally, moved our things. Nice. It has been open only a short while so most people have not heard of it. Which means there are 45 people staying here (6 stories with 60 rooms to a floor) and our group is 18 of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home