Monday, July 10, 2006


I had dinner at my friend Deepa's house tonight, she is from India and has been in the US almost 2 years. The day I land in India is the same day that she arrived here. Anyway Deepa and I were going to get dinner then go to a movie but her mom offered to cook for us and everyone else. (Deepa lives in a large house with her parents, her sister and her sister's three kids. ) At dinner I was trying to copy how everyone was eating. I had been given a spoon straight off, (which no one else was using until they saw me trying to copy them, feebly) as I was copying Rushi (the youngest child and only boy), he was reprimanded for using his left hand. So, I attempted to not use my left hand, which is really difficult. I had a tortilla that Deepa seemed capable of using like a spoon. Well, try ripping a tortilla with one hand. I need a lot more practice. I course I ended up with a lot of food smeared on my right hand and was not sure if I could use my napkin in my left hand. I seemed to be the only one with food everywhere and the food was just spicy enough to make my nose run, I am sure Mrs. Jansari made it with less spice because she knows I am a wuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home